More doesn’t always mean better
Helping you and your doctor make the right decisions about your care
Choosing Wisely UK is part of a global initiative aimed at improving conversations between patients and their doctors and nurses.
By having discussions that are informed by the doctor, but take into account what’s important to the patient too, both sides can be supported to make better decisions about care. Often, this will help to avoid tests, treatments or procedures that are unlikely to be of benefit.
FIVE QUESTIONS TO ASK MY DOCTOR OR NURSE TO MAKE BETTER DECISIONS TOGETHER
- Do I really need this test, treatment or procedure?
- What are the risks or downsides?
- What are the possible side effects?
- Are there simpler, safer options?
- What will happen if I do nothing?